Eastern KY Media & Influencer Network
The Eastern KY Media & Influencer Network is a new effort launching in 2024 to bring together a group of people focused on narrative change in Eastern Kentucky.
Our hope is that the group will gather to network, learn from each other and external communications experts, and see if there are ways we can grow our collective impact toward a brighter future in Eastern Kentucky.
Our goal is for the group of approximately 20 people to include:
- Traditional media, such as radio, newspaper and TV
- New media, such as social media influencers/creators
- Nonprofits working in media and culture
Each participant will be compensated $200 per meeting for their time and commitment to Eastern Kentucky via a grant received by the Mountain Association, including for this initial interest meeting.
We hope to build a network that supports:
- our democracy through local reporting that connects with young people;
- storytelling that elevates the good things that are happening in our communities; and
- a more equitable, and sustainable economy in Eastern Kentucky
Are you interested in learning more?
Join us for a virtual interest gathering meeting on Friday, February 9 from 10-11:30am.
Introduction & Meeting Agreements
Quick introductions: Share your name, what you do for a living, and what need or interest caused you to join the call.
10:30-11:00am: Everyone will be automatically sorted into a smaller group for break-out discussions:
- What’s a story or story series that you have enjoyed recently?
- Where do people in your community get their news and stories, and how do you see this changing over the next 10-20 years?
- What are some stories you’d like to see told more on local and national levels?
11:00-11:25: As a whole group, we’ll discuss:
- What would you like to see happen as a result of forming this group?
- What ideas do you have for training or partnerships that we could explore together?
11:25-11:30: Sharing next steps.
After this first interest meeting, the final group will meet three times in 2024, either virtually or in-person at Natural Bridge State Park, to network, share ideas and go through trainings. Through our grant, we will be able to bring in expert storytelling or other trainers as needed to support the group’s identified interests!
If you can’t make the February 9 meeting, but are interested in learning more, please contact Ariel Fugate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-302-3868.